Australian Finger Lime Tree For Sale
A chefs dream citrus and a perfect conversation starter. With finger-like fruit it has caviar sized pearls that will add intrigue and texture to your next creation. Whether it adorns the top of a key lime pie, or added into your favorite cocktail, there’s many ways this fruit can elevate.
- Taste: Tart lime flavor
- Fruit: Deep green outside, pale green almost white round vesicles that crunch
- Mature Tree Height: 10-15 feet
- Growth Habits: Bushlike
- Ripens: Year round but peak fruit time in winter
- Hardiness: 40F
- Origin: Australia
- Also known as: Citrus Caviar
Our trees are grafted with certified, mature buds so our trees will fruit quicker.
* Hardiness temperatures are approximate and indicate where fully dormant, mature trees may experience significant damage. Winter protection is recommended for at least the first few years when temperatures are close to or below freezing.
Please keep in mind that we are unable to ship to AZ, CA, HI, FL, LA, TX. These restrictions are due to USDA Agricultural laws.
- We ship via UPS Ground
- We ship on Mondays & Tuesdays
- If your order is placed after 9am on Tuesday it will likely ship the next week.
- Trees may need to be topped or pruned to fit in the box.
- Tracking number will be emailed to you when your order ships, please check your spam folder if you don't see an email.
These are a few questions we are often asked and their answers:
Why dont you ship to FL or CA?
We aren't able to due to USDA restrictions, we wish we could but we can't.
When will my tree fruit?
We graft with certified mature buds so our trees are capable of flowering and producing fruit in the first season, but will definitely flower and produce fruit in the second season. We recommend removing fruit for the first couple years to allow the tree to focus on branching and growing roots.
What does this variety taste like?
In most cases the original Budwood program we purchased Certified buds from does not offer much in the way of descriptions or taste information. We then grow those buds out and continuously harvest new buds and then sell young trees so we simply don't always end up with fruit to try so unless its listed, we don't know what they taste like.
Do you have anymore of these available?
We try hard to add inventory when it grows large enough, if a product shows as 0 available please click the notify button to be emailed as soon as we add inventory to the site.
What rootstock is this grafted onto?
We use a handful of rootstock varieties for different reasons when we are grafted. If the variety says "Dwarf" then that variety is grafted to Flying Dragon. If it is not listed as Dwarf then we either used a standard rootstock or semi dwarfing rootstock. When fully mature the difference between Dwarf and Standard is only about 80% difference, it just takes dwarf longer to grow that large. You can maintain tree size through pot size and effective pruning.